Life is for the living

So get out there and do it~!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeadsandMore

Welcome

Welcome
Bling~!!

BiG BeAdS AnD MoRe

My photo
Just trying to be an artist is a full time job~~~ http://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeadsandMore

Thursday, March 11, 2010

oils are so very messy.


This is my very first attempt at painting in oils, and I must say there very messy or maybe I should say I'm very messy. Iv discovered that I need a paintbrush for every different color, and if you plan to go back into some colors, the color your going to apply can and will disappear. As I look on the net for answers I find that my irrational attempt to paint and not read any books on the matter has proven that I have broken all the rules. Oils are vivid and forgiving and fun, the paint moves around for days. Will I ever pick up Acrylics again I wonder.Lesson learn t~ wear proper cloths, have a window open, make sure you have all the tools needed before starting, rags, linseed oils, You need to have one container with just solvent, and the other with medium. A standard painting medium is 1 part oil to 2 parts solvent. The most common oil is linseed and its varieties (refined, cold pressed, or stand oils) but some painters use safflower, walnut or poppy oils,then there is turpentine, drop cloth, and clean up. So much to do but I think well worth the mess. Have fun and remember paint is cheap, don't be afraid to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment